What you will learn in this course.
A four-part travel photography masterclass with Tommy Morrison and Sony UK. Each week we will release tutorials to help with your techniques
Join the incredibly talented Tommy Morrison for a four-part deep-dive into travel an lifestyle photography. This course is supported by Sony UK. Tommy has worked for brands such as Huawei, Litra, Mustang Adventures and more. He will give you a full guide on how to get the best images out of your trips and provide career building tips as we go. This course was supported by Sony and LEE Filters.
15th March 2022 - 4pm - 4.30pm
Week one - introduction, planning and prep:
- Introduction to Tommy Morrison and the type of work he creates
- Planning locations and trips
- Understanding your style and what to shoot
- Shot list
- Summary of what's coming up
22nd March 2022 - 4pm - 4.30pm
Week two - deep dive into gear:
- Camera selection - what camera to choose and why; what settings Tommy goes for; how to set up your camera ready for your trip.
- Lens selection - what you need to get the best shots on the move, keeping weight and speed in mind. How to get those quality shots.
- Lee Filters - how to select filters, choose the correct size/adapter and how to attached them. We'll also discuss the new LEE Elements range.
- Tripod - how to make the right decision to balance stability and travel.
- Accessories and extras - what you need for a trip like this, and other items to consider dependant on location and travel method.
29th March 2022 - 4pm - 4.30pm
Week three - on location at the Old Man of Storr:
- Camera set up and setting choices to get that perfect shot.
- Lens choices alongside filters for weather dependant shooting.
- Composition and angles.
- Contextualising your work - how to make the best travel feed for social.
- Practical shooting tutorial incorporating long exposure and more creative shots.
Week four - contextualising your travel work/ expanding your horizons:
- Camera set up and setting choices for more creative shots incorporating local wildlife and people.
- Lens choices alongside Lee Filters for weather dependant shooting.
- What to look for to add context; composition and angling.
- Scene selection for optimal results to enhance the full travel story.
- Practical shooting.
- Take away tips and tricks from the full course.
Find more courses like this one
Subscribe to our channels for advice, inspiration, tips & tricks and community feedback.