What you will learn in this course.
Join the incredibly talented Stephen Reid as he travels the Irish coastline for a four-part deep-dive into flying drones and creating photographic and filmmaking content with them. This course is supported by DJI UK. Stephen creates branded content and travel content for YouTube and Instagram. He will give you a full guide on how to get the best images and videos out of your drone, alongside getting you off the ground.
2nd June 2022 - 4pm - 4.20pm
Week one - introduction, planning and prep - view here:
- Introduction to Stephen Reid and the type of work he creates
- Planning locations and trips
- Understanding your style and what to shoot
- Summary of what's coming up
9th June 2022 - 4pm - 4.30pm
Week two - deep dive into gear:
- Drone selection - what drone to choose and why; what settings Stephen goes for; how to set up your camera ready for your trip.
- How to get started - what you need to get the best shots on the move, keeping weight and speed in mind. How to get those quality shots for both filmmaking and photography.
- Accessories and extras - what you need for a trip like this, and other items to consider dependant on location and travel method.
Kit used: Sony FX3 - https://bit.ly/3IDMVWu Sony FE 85mm f1.4 G Master Lens - https://bit.ly/3NioIsn Rode Wireless GO II - https://bit.ly/3wxWKRq DJI FPV Combo - https://bit.ly/3msd95D DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo - https://bit.ly/3zpuofr DJI Mini 2 - https://bit.ly/3O5rKjo DJI Air 2S - https://bit.ly/3H2G75o
16th June 2022 - 4pm - 4.30pm
Week three - getting off the ground:
- Drone set up - how to get started and what you need for basic flight.
- Before take off - controller, modes, return-to-home, safety, and surroundings check.
- Taking off and landing safely.
- Moving back and forth, and left to right.
- Flying further out - safety and tips to prevent drone damage.
- Advanced flight techniques - flying circles and figures of eight.
- Flying further-a-field; keeping track of your drone.
- Flying around objects.
- Summary of safe flying.
23rd June 2022 - 4pm - 4.30pm
Week four - creating video and stills with your drone:
- Drone and camera set up, alongside setting choices.
- Finding and checking over the locations.
- Planning and prep - what is the purpose of using drone footage?
- What to look for to add context; composition and angling for both video and stills.
- Scene selection for optimal results to enhance the full travel story.
- Practical shooting and flying techniques for both video and stills.
- Take away tips and tricks from the full course.
#WexMasterclass #DroneMasterclass #DroneCourse
Find more courses like this one
Subscribe to our channels for advice, inspiration, tips & tricks and community feedback.