Sunset Photography Workshop in Cromer with Josh Brown
Thursday 20th June, 6.45pm - 9.45pm
Cromer Pier, Promenade, Cromer NR27 9HE
Looking to develop your confidence as a landscape photographer or develop your experience of using a mixture of ND and graduated filters? Then this session will certainly point you in the right direction. You will cover a range of subject matters and develop your photographic technique.
Bring your camera and enthusiasm for a brilliant sunset workshop along the Norfolk coast. This three hour workshop is designed to master your skills during sunset hours.
This workshop is aimed at photographers of all levels.
During this workshop, we will cover:
- Briefing on the filter kits available at the workshop. We will discuss the use of adapter rings, filter holders, ND filters and graduated filters.
- How to use the manual controls on your DSLR/mirrorless camera.
- How to balance settings to cater for landscape photography.
- Understanding ISO, shutter speed and aperture.
- The importance of using a tripod.
- Setting up your camera including a discussion around shooting in RAW, rule of thirds and composition, alongside how to break these rules.
- Camera kit and lenses including the pros and cons of telephoto and prime.
- Shooting more precisely for use in a portfolio.
You will need:
- Your DSLR/mirrorless camera
- Lens(es) (wide angle is preferable but optional)
- Your tripod
- ND/graduated filters
- Spare battery
- Memory card
- Appropriate clothing
Josh Brown is a landscape photographer based in Norwich, Norfolk. Josh’s landscape work has taken him around the globe. Over the last couple of years he has photographed Western Australia extensively, shooting in locations such as Perth and Busselton. You can find a large selection of Josh’s work for sale on his website.