Cinematic Documentary Filmmaking with the GH5S | A masterclass with Jon Scott
Thursday 27th February, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Light lunch included
The class is design for those wishing to produce high-quality documentary films for corporate, commercial or personal documentary film projects.
It is designed for the single shooter or those working in very small teams who are looking to tell fascinating stories with high quality cinematic looking visuals.
No experience in documentary filmmaking is required and the class aims to teach those with only modest equipment such as small mirrorless cameras or DLSRs.
- Introduction and filmmaking basics.
- Introductions inclusive of participants levels of experience.
- Kit breakdown: camera choices, lens choices, overview of grip gear & lighting.
- Visual storytelling for documentaries.
- Lens selection - How to compose a shot.
- Understand the finer points of lighting technique for documentary and interview work.
- How to use varied lighting and camera techniques to draw different emotions.
- Shooting coverage and the importance of b-roll.
- Cinematic camera techniques; how to best use your camera to tell stories.
- Slow motion.
- Cinematic Interviews.
- Practical lighting techniques and camera setups for interviews.
- Talent management; how to get the best from your subject.
- Capturing clean, quality audio.
- Post production.
- The importance of good data management.
- How to approach an edit.
- Basic editing techniques.
- Scoring your film.
- Wrap up and questions.
Established in 1997, Wex Photo Video has helped over 800,000 photographers and videographers achieve their goals. Wex’s dedication to service, expertise and customer satisfaction is underpinned by competitive prices and the largest range of any UK photo and video retailer, with over 19,000 products. The website is complemented by a specialist Customer Contact team, Showroom and extensive online content. Customers can contact Wex seven days a week by phone, email, live chat, social media or in person.